Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...

Ladies & Gents,



Can you believe tomorrow is the beginning of 2012? This year sure has flown by terribly fast. It has been a pretty good year. 2011 has had its ups and downs but overall good.

So many neat things have happened this year but I would like to share some of my favorite experiences...

One of the best was getting to visit New York City for the first time. I got to see the city and I loved it! We toured Carnegie Hall, Central Park, and saw two Broadway shows. My favorite thing was standing in the middle of Times Square with Levi, Luis, and Blake at one in the morning in the pouring rain. It was wonderful.

Another HUGE thing was being elected as an Arkansas State 4-H Officer. Not much can be said about that other then it being such a big honor. It's been fun planning TLC, O'Rama's, and getting to know my fellow officers better!

I got to go to Citizenship Washington Focus over the 4th Of July, it was so much fun touring our Nation's capitol and meeting people from New York, Vermont, Minnesota, Ohio, ....I forget the other states that were there. BUT, I met some amazing people! Like Jeremy from Ohio! And Haily my eternal friend from Kentucky! And Liesl from Indiana! And I got to know people from my state better! I think one of my favorite part was seeing all the memorials. Iwo Jima was my favorite.

A couple of the downs of 2011... The world lost one of the most magnificent women I've ever had the blessing of getting to know... Jan Lasater. I miss her a lot and think of her quite often, but I know she's not hurting anymore. I know she is in Heaven with giant wings. Another...my church burned down... We don't know what happened but we are still doing God's work without a Sanctuary to call our own. We the people are the church!

I don't remember when, but at one point I got to see Les Miserables with one of my favorite people EVER, Caitlin Howle. She's the greatest friend one could ask for. She shares her advice and her tacos.

I got to go to National 4-H Congress which was AMAZING. I met people from ALL over the Nation. As in, there were people there from every single state. Tori from Oklahoma, Emma from Indiana, Hannah from Texas, Connor and Sam from Oregon, and many others... I also got to know the people from my state better...they know who they are and I love them all dearly! I also applied for the design team...here's hopin' I make it!!!


I have lived 2011 to the best. Hind sight is 20/20 and I know I made my share of mistakes that I'd like to change. But here's to 2012 and living with no regrets!

Stay positive kiddos!

Love,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment